14/10/2017

YouTube has a bug

My channel is still deleted.

On another note, I did some research and found out YouTube has done the same thing they did to me to thousands of other Youtubers, most of the time to small channels.
There are so many fora posts on that it's insane. Some date back to 2013.
Some people didn't even have videos, so it didn't even make sense to delete their channels. 
Also, when I logged in, before I found out my channel was deleted, YouTube told me there was suspicious activity on my account, and I had to give them my phone number to send me a text to log in. 
But I had already done 2 step verification (meaning to log in I had to use my password and get a text with another pass on my phone), so I thought that was normal.
However, everyone who had their account deleted got the same 'suspicious activity' notification and were told to log in using 2 step verification (even those who hadn't arranged for that).

So I may have gotten flagged by trolls, but I also think there's a bug on Youtube when it comes to getting flagged and strikes.

I don't get how a huge corporation and social media platform like YouTube haven't sorted such things, like, they have millions of users, having the same bug for 4 years and not fixing it is unacceptable!

No comments:

Post a Comment