10/10/2017

I got 2 YouTube strikes within 3 hours

I have been on Youtube since 2007. Over 10 years now.

During that time, I have never had an issue.

I have shared hundreds of videos through that platform, and especially since 2015, I have been uploading consistently a video every Monday.

Yet, today, for the first time in my Youtube career I got a strike. Twice. Within 3 hours.

Allegedly I violated Youtubes Community Guidelines.

Only issue is that I didn't.

Both videos depicted me in my room talking about stuff. On the first video I was talking about how you can survive your first year in uni, and on the second about how you can break the cycle of getting into bad relationships.
Does any of that sound harmful to you?

Exactly.

I suspect this is a targeted attack against my person and my channel.
After all, this isn't the first time I have been attacked on social media.

But to think that Youtube let a mere algorithm choose the fate of my channel... That is insulting.

I am now prohibited from uploading new content for sometime.
I also chose to make all my videos private to ensure I wouldn't get another strike, as I think there are people reporting my content to take my channel down.

It's such a shame as I don't have my videos saved anywhere else but youtube, and so, if my channel gets taken down, I will lose all of them. And that would mean thousands of hours of work going to waste.

To the persons who did this: You will not silence me. I will always find other platforms to share my voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment